It’s warm outside and you want something more than just water to drink. Most beverages are loaded with SUGAR. Then there are those drinks that are full of empty calories. Both of these options provide little nutritional value to your body. Perhaps a beverage that supports your health and fitness goals is what you need. Turmeric Ginger Lemonade can do just that!
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties and ginger is wonderful for our digestion. A couple of glasses of Turmeric Ginger Lemonade a day can do wonders for your health.
● 4 cups of water
● 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (or a 3-inch strip fresh turmeric root, peeled)
● 1 teaspoon ginger powder (or a 4-inch strip fresh ginger root, peeled)
● Juice of a full lemon or to your taste
● Put water into a small pot and bring to a boil on the stove. Make sure that the water has come to a full boil.
● Add turmeric and ginger to the boiling water and reduce to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. This will extract the beneficial compounds form the turmeric and ginger.
● Remove the pot from the stove. Strain the tea into a cup through a fine-mesh strainer to filter out the particles of turmeric and ginger.
● Add lemon juice to taste.